We gathered 17 of the top Bitcoin and crypto statistics for a data-driven glimpse into Canadian crypto investors, miners, and more.
- Netcoins cryptocurrency platform has recently fallen victim to a cybersecurity incident on September 17, 2023, which potentially affected users’ personal information such as email addresses, passwords, and government-issued ID details among others.
- The company’s internal control systems detected suspicious activity within their hot wallets. They managed to tackle the vulnerability swiftly, ensuring no customer funds or crypto assets were compromised.
- Following the breach, Netcoins is undertaking a forensic investigation with the help of external cybersecurity experts and has informed law enforcement and regulatory bodies.
- To safeguard users’ data and provide peace of mind, Netcoins has reset all customer passwords and is offering one year of complimentary credit monitoring and identity theft protection via TransUnion Canada’s myTrueIdentity® service, along with identity theft restoration services through CyberScout.
- Users are advised to stay vigilant, update passwords on other platforms if they resemble their former Netcoins password, and report any suspicious activity on their financial or credit accounts. Furthermore, users can consult the Incident FAQ on the Netcoins website for more information or reach out to Netcoins’ customer support for assistance.
Featured tool of the month Bitbo – a real-time Bitcoin dashboard that allows anyone to monitor on-chain data, view live price action, and track key economic indicators – all for free.
What makes Bitbo unique compared to other websites that track the Bitcoin price is that it shows the Bitcoin network statistics like; blockchain stats, difficulty stats, mining stats, BTC network fees, and mempool stats.
Bitcoin Well has a refer-a-friend program that they are working on.
This means that they track referrals but you will get nothing currently for signing up using my referral code or when you use your link when referring a friend.
XRP (XRP) is a digital currency that was created by Ripple Labs Inc. in 2012. It is both a cryptocurrency and a technology protocol designed to enable fast and low-cost international money transfers. Convert XRP to CAD.
Ripple, the company behind XRP, aims to facilitate seamless cross-border transactions by providing financial institutions with a decentralized platform for instant and secure settlements.
When I first tried to buy Bitcoin and crypto I went to the biggest exchanges that I had heard about (Coinbase and Binance) and found it impossible to send money to them from my Canadian bank account.
Even though I was able to create and verify my account and their websites said they support Canadian customers.
Then when I googled ‘how to buy crypto in Canada’ – a lot of the exchanges listed didn’t work in Canada. And it was obvious the site owner making these recommendations had never actually bought Bitcoin in Canada and was just trying to make money.
This frustration is actually what led me to start this website.
Email that Binance sent out today to Canadian customers today.
Important notice about your Binance account
We regret to inform you that Binance will be joining other prominent crypto businesses in proactively withdrawing from the Canadian marketplace. Albeit a small market, it held sentimental value for us as the home country of our founder. We had high hopes for the rest of the Canadian blockchain industry. Unfortunately, new guidance related to stablecoins and investor limits provided to crypto exchanges makes the Canada market no longer tenable for Binance at this time. We put off this decision as long as we could to explore other reasonable avenues to protect our Canadian users, but it has become apparent that there are none.
We ask the existing Canadian customers to close any open positions by September 30, 2023. From October 1st, 2023, Canadian customers will be put into liquidation only mode. This means that you will no longer be able to use any product on the platform, except to reduce, redeem or close open positions and withdraw funds and cryptocurrencies from the exchange. Your funds will remain safe in your account until you withdraw them. You will be able to withdraw your cryptocurrencies to your self-custody wallet or your cryptocurrency account on another exchange.
While we do not agree with the new guidance, we hope to continue to engage with Canadian regulators aimed at a thoughtful, comprehensive regulatory framework. We are confident that we will someday return to the market when Canadian users once again have the freedom to access a broader suite of digital assets.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this change. If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact Customer Service.
I’ll be honest. When I first started in crypto I was extremely skeptical of everything.
I wanted to get as much free Bitcoin and crypto as I could because I am cheap and I didn’t want to risk any of my money. Getting free bonuses made things feel less scary.
Based on the last few years of my experience in crypto here is what I would do again to get as much free Bitcoin as possible.
Kraken is one of the oldest, largest, and most trusted crypto exchanges in the crypto industry. They have a stellar reputation for security. I have been a Kraken customer for many years now.
All the screenshots in this Kraken Review are from my personal accounts and apps. I stake Ethereum on Kraken and have used it for the occasional crypto-to-crypto altcoin trade.
My Conclusion: Kraken is best and recommended for traders. Trusted exchange with a good reputation. Good UI design. The Kraken Pro website and app are fully featured for traders and it has been my go-to exchange for trading since the FTX implosion.