Affiliate Disclaimer – We earn from qualifying purchases.
Is it possible to buy Bitcoin in Canada with PayPal?
Coinbase claims Canadians and makes fiat withdrawals to Paypal. I’ however have not been able to get this to work. And based on what I have read on Reddit and Twitter — not many other Canadians have got PayPal to work either.
Interac e-Transfer in Canada and using a Canadian exchange to convert dollars to crypto is the easiest, fastest, lowest fee way that works with the banks in Canada. Wire transfers for larger amounts.
Here are some of the top exchanges to buy crypto in Canada
✅ Newton Pros
- Low spread fee on trades.
- Easy to use and nice design.
- Lots of altcoins to trade and more are always being added.
- Multi-network support
❌ Newton Cons
- Verifying an account when signing up can take time.
- Can have difficulty at peak times.
- Customer service can be overwhelmed and take time to respond or you need to post on the Newton subreddit to get help.
✅ Shakepay Pros
- No fee crypto withdraws
- Simple app UI/UX
- Earn Bitcoin cashback reward with a prepaid Visa debit card
- *NEW – Dark mode
- Shakepay ShakingSATS
- Shakepay Card for BTC Rewards
❌ Shakepay Cons
- Limited coin selection
- High spread fee
- Mobile app only
HowToBuyBitcoin101.com is basic how-to crypto guides, reviews, and information for beginners to get started with cryptocurrency in Canada. Personal investment disclosure: I am long BTC & ETH. I take profits when I feel like it. I trade altcoins in hot markets. NOT investment advice. Investing in cryptocurrency is risky. Do your own research.
Seen in: Finbold, CoinMarketCap, and TheBitTimes.com